Reporting Officer (Førstekonsulent/Rådgiver)
The U4 Anti-Corruption Resource Centre (U4) aims to reduce the harmful impact of corruption on society. We are supported by nine international development agencies, receive project support from USAID, and have extensive collaboration with UN organisations, the World Bank, universities, research institutes, and civil society organisations.
Planning, proposal writing, and reporting is an integrated part of our work, closely linked to our measuring, evaluating, and learning (MEL) system and our administrative processes.
We seek one Reporting Officer to join the U4 team and contribute to the further documentation and development of our work. The position reports to the U4 Director and will also be a part of the CMI administrative team led by CMIs Administration and Finance Director.
Objectives and purpose of the Job
As a Reporting Officer, you will be part of a dynamic, international team that influences development policy and practice.
Your work will include:
- Preparation and quality control of funding applications, narrative project reports, and official documents and correspondence
- Assisting in gathering and analysing data
- Writing our annual MEL report
- Being responsible for internal records/databases
- Taking part in and document meetings, seminars, and webinars
- Contributing to the daily project-management and support for U4 workshops, webinars, and meetings
As a CMI employee, you will primarily work for the U4 programme which has sustained core funding. You will take an active part in the institutional life at CMI and identify with our vision: addressing global development challenges to inform and inspire policy and practice.
Experience and Qualifications
We expect you to have:
- Fluency in English, including excellent writing and communication skills. Proficiency in French is an additional advantage
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office tools, databases and editing tools
- Experienced with compiling and systematising data and production of plans and reports.
- A relevant master’s degree
As an applicant to this position you should be:
- Self-reliant, with the ability to initiate and complete tasks on your own
- Detailed, systematic, and creative
- User and solution-oriented
- A good communicator with excellent collaboration and cooperation skills
- A team-worker who thrives in a busy environment
Working at CMI and U4
We can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to combine knowledge generation with policy influence, and a strong and inspiring working relationship with bilateral donors, international and civil society organisations, and the research community.
- The opportunity to be a part of one of Scandinavia’s leading multidisciplinary development research institutes and work directly with development actors globally.
- A great working environment with dynamic colleagues, a positive work-life balance and great outdoors opportunities around Bergen.
- The position will be paid between salary levels 55-62 in the Government Salary Table (Statlig lønnstabell)
We welcome applications to Jobbnorge.no.
Please submit the following:
- A cover letter of maximum 2 pages, explaining how your experience matches the listed expectations for the position. In the cover letter you may argue why you can compensate for limited competence in one or more areas by a stronger record in other areas.
- Names and contact details of three references.
- Dates when you are available to start.
Application deadline is 25 October 2020.
Interviews will take place in late October/early November, and the position is available to start as soon as possible.
Questions can be directed to U4 Director Arne Strand firstname.lastname@example.org
Chr. Michelsen Institute (CMI) is an independent development research institute based in Bergen, Norway, with around 75 staff members, with 14 members of staff working at the U4 Anti-Corruption Center. In cooperation with partners from all over the world, we address key development challenges in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America. We combine high quality research with an engagement to make knowledge accessible and used.