Anti-corruption advisors (Two full-time vacancies)
U4 Anti-Corruption Resource Centre (www.u4.no) seeks two experienced anti-corruption and/or governance professionals to join our dynamic team.
U4 is the leading resource centre engaging with development agencies and practitioners to more effectively address corruption challenges. U4 pursues its mandate through high quality and operationally relevant research, training of donor staff, and bringing different actors together. U4 is funded by the U4 Partnership—the development agencies and/or foreign affairs ministries of Australia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. U4 is a part of the Chr. Michelsen Institute (CMI), an independent development research institute in Bergen, Norway. CMI is the leading multidisciplinary development research institute in Scandinavia
In 2017, we will embark on our new five-year strategy, focusing on the quality of our services and innovations in the field of anti-corruption. We seek two experienced anti-corruption and/or governance professionals to contribute to the successful implementation of our new strategy. We are especially interested in applicants with hands-on experience with evaluation and measurement of development assistance or social accountability and citizen engagement in a development setting.
Joining U4 will give you an opportunity to contribute to the evolving anti-corruption policy agenda, based on your knowledge and previous experience.
We expect you to be
- A self-starter
- Creative and flexible
- A good communicator
- A team-worker
We expect you to have
- At least 6 years of professional experience in development policy and/or practice relevant to anti-corruption and governance (in particular measurement and evaluation and/or social accountability and citizen engagement)
- Demonstrated experience in operationally-relevant research, writing and/or publication relevant to anti-corruption and governance in a development setting
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Fluency in English, including excellent writing skills
It is an advantage if you have
- Proficiency in Arabic, French or Spanish
- Experience in project oversight and budget management
- A PhD in a relevant social science discipline
We can offer
- An exciting opportunity to combine knowledge generation with policy influence, and a strong and inspiring working relationship with eight bilateral donors committed to improving their impact on corruption.
- The opportunity join the leading multidisciplinary development research institute (CMI) in Scandinavia, and work directly with development agencies around the world.
- A competitive salary based on qualifications, reflecting CMI’s pay scale.
- A positive work-life balance
How to apply
The application deadline is 16 December 2016 and interviews will take place in January.
Positions are available to start early 2017. Kindly include the following in your e-mail:
A one-page cover letter, structurally matching the job expectations with your experience.
- CV and publications list
- Names and contact details of three references
- Please indicate when you would be available to start.
We only accept applications via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (please write U4 Anti-Corruption Advisor in the subject field).
Questions regarding the positions may be directed to email@example.com