Review of Haydom Lutheran Hospital
This project is a review Haydom Lutheran Hospital, focusing on the following issues
1. HLH as a hospital. (Efficiency, cost-efficiency, sustainability)
- HLHs place in the Tanzanian health system. Cooperation with / links to MoH.
- Direct results as a hospital (efficiency, price/performance etc.)
- External health program (Outreach Program) - effects
- Sustainability / Future plans and possibilities.
2. HLHs as a development agent in the Mbulu District.
- Impact in the district related to empowerment, local participation in development projects.
- Impact on / participation in the development of other social improvements in Mbulu and neighbouring Districts (schools, water etc.).
VAT receipt lotteries: Can they increase tax revenues in Sub-Saharan Africa?
Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, George Hellar, Ephraim Mdee, Ingrid Hoem Sjursen, Vincent Somville
Citizens’ preferences for taxation of internationally mobile corporations: Evidence from Tanzania
Ivar Kolstad, Arne Wiig & Odd-Helge Fjeldstad
Review of Development Economics
Understanding the resource curse: A large-scale experiment on corruption in Tanzania
Alexander Cappelen, Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, Donald Mmari, Ingrid Hoem Sjursen and Bertil Tungodden
Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization